Thursday, August 23, 2007

Prepare to be impressed...

I am so lucky to have a great husband who encourages me to try new things. He has taught me to snowboard, hiked Angel's Landing with me (I am terrified of heights), and recently convinced me that I am smart enough to use a pressure cooker. So, do not be impressed by the fact that I canned. Be impressed that I didn't blow the roof off of our house. I almost had a heart attack several times during the process, but I ended up with 8 pints of beets (all from our garden), and all of the jars sealed. Plus, I had an excuse to get my cute colander from Sur la Table in a picture!


3 comments:

JT said...

I'm VERY impressed...

Lizzy said...

i too am very impressed! darling colander!

Greg and Jayne said...

When I was newly maried and had just moved into a very small town, everyone kept asking me how my canning was doing. Canning?! By the second year I managed to figure out that I could make jam and apricot nectar without a pressure cooker, and that it was the first fruit. By June I could say "Mine's all done!"