The first Christmas gift I received from Luke after we got married was a snowboard. Hint, hint. It was pretty obvious I was going to learn. I had never attempted skiing. I didn't even enjoy going sledding when I was a child. I hate being cold, and I am afraid of heights. So, why would I ride a lift with no seatbelt up to the top of a snowy mountain and head downhill as fast as possible with both feet strapped to a slippery piece of plastic, you ask? It's amazing what lengths we will go to in order to impress the opposite sex.
I started out on the bunny hills. Those are referred to as 'green circles'. I was doing all right, so Luke decided to take me to the next level. Blue squares. I'm not going to lie. I thought I was going to die. There was a good part of the hill that I spent on my backside, I crawled for quite a while, and Luke was probably the most embarrassed he'd ever been. I'm lucky to still be married. Luke is the kind of guy who isn't afraid of anything. He boards the black diamonds (really difficult) and double black diamonds (insane) like it's no big deal. He amazes me.
Long story short, I wish I could be a little more fearless. I want to face challenges, big or small, and become a stronger person. My epiphany was sparked by this video. It inspired me.
No comments:
Post a Comment