Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's a Small World

Today I went to Jayne's house and ate Maddox chicken. So good. Luke called to see how my afternoon was, and I told him that it was perfect. And it's true. Sitting in Jayne's lovely home having a great conversation about anything and everything. Add to that a Dr. Pepper with hospital ice and a divine piece of chocolate, and I don't know if it gets much better. (Luke was shooting videos for the upcoming basketball season with some friends. This will be important in a minute.) So, this chocolate wasn't just divine--it was incredible! A little square of caramel with coconut covered in milk chocolate with an almond on top. It was fabulous. Jayne and her husband got the little pieces of heaven at Hatch's Family Chocolates downtown (thanks for sharing, Jayne!). Anyway, she told me about the owner, Steve, and his wife. She said they are a darling couple. I have to say I would like to try the ice cream bars that they dip in dark or milk chocolate. Can you imagine? So, on my way home, I called Luke to tell him that since he works within a reasonable distance from Hatch's, maybe he could stop and get some chocolates one day on his way home. Just an idea. And then he told me that his friend, Steve, who he had been shooting videos with all day, owns the chocolate shop. Jayne's Steve and Luke's Steve are the same Steve? Wow. It's a small world, isn't it? Well, long story short, this is my gigantic shout out for Hatch's Family Chocolates. If you are in the neighborhood (390 E 4th Ave), or if you simply appreciate a good piece of candy, go indulge yourself. You won't be sorry!

3 comments:

JT said...

Sounds yummy! I think that there is a pool of drool (gross, I know) on my desk. That sounds soooo good! There's a trip we need to make on a girl's night/day out.

k8 said...

i think my mother has an addiction. it seems like everytime i go to her house she has some of those chocolates...

Greg and Jayne said...

I love seeing my name in a blog - even better when my favorite place gets a nod!