Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Camping

This weekend, we went camping in the Uintahs. This is a picture of Washington Lake, which is where we stayed. I kayaked to the middle of the lake early in the morning while the water was still glassy, and got a pretty good shot. I was listening to Bach's Cello Suite 1 on my ipod, which made this particular moment much more dramatic. Gotta love Johann.

Here's a picture of the kids hanging out by the campfire. Dylan is a big fan of Luke's headlight.

I happened to have my camera with me (he he) when Luke and Dylan decided to head down to the lake to take the kayak for a spin. They were on their way to the little island you can see in the top left hand corner of the water. The kids are convinced there is buried treasure there. We have a gold fishing lure that Isabelle is positive was once a pirate's earring.

Me and the kids hanging out in the tent. It's probably best you can't see Izzy's feet. They were black. Not just kind of dirty. Black.

This is my attempt at a dramatic photo while we hiked to some other lakes in the area.

Izzy and Dylan taking a break at Crystal Lake.

Dylan conquering the forest.

Isabelle and I had to prove that we could make it out to the little island, as well. She is sitting next to the tower that the pirates built.

On our way home, we stopped at Provo River Falls. It's a shame I didn't get a photo of the biker lady throwing back a Budweiser at 10am, but I didn't think the big men in leather surrounding her would think it was a nice thing to do. So I didn't. But the waterfall made for a great second choice. Beautiful, isn't it?

After we left the falls, we stopped in Kamas at a little diner called Dick's to get a shake. Luke said Grandpa Kemp used to take him there when he was young, so we couldn't pass it up. What a perfect way to end a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Greg and Jayne said...

How beautiful, April!There is absolutely nothing better than to take a young family away from everyone and everything else and just be totally together. I love grown up kids, but I do miss that feeling that we were complete when it was just us.