Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cascade Dance

No pictures on this post...just a fun update. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I was dropping Izzy off at a friend's house and stopped in to meet her parents. They were so nice, and I stayed to chat for a while. In the course of the conversation, I mentioned that I taught ballet in Utah. Amazingly enough, the dad had just built a studio, but had no one to run it. He wanted to start a beginning ballet program for young students, but hadn't had any luck finding someone to run it. Lucky for me, he hired me on the spot. I called Luke with the good news and we all went to dinner to celebrate. Afterwards, we went to take a look at the studio, and it is so cute! I will be teaching ballet and creative movement to 3-6 year olds, and I may even start a class for special needs kids. He was supportive of the idea, which thrilled me. It's something I have wanted to do for a long time. My niece is special needs, and her mom (my little sister) was told it would be good for her to get into a dance class to socialize. It ended up being a really bad experience. That was when I first had the idea...everyone deserves a place to be creative and make friends and be confident. So, here I go...wish me luck!

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is SO awesome!! Congratulations!!

Ruth said...

You are just the right one for the program. It was ment to be. He is the lucky one, to find someone as talented as you. Good Luck.

Jodi said...

Oh April, that is fantastic news! One more example that everything happens for a reason. I am so excited for you and for the kids you'll be working with. I LOVE the idea of a special needs dance class. It will be an answer to someone (probably many peoples) prayers. You are awesome!

Chelsea said...

So awesome! Good luck :)

ashley said...

That Is so perfect!!! Congrats!!! Your going to be amazing!!! Love ya!