Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recycle

We got one of those cute little gazebo things a couple seasons ago. You know, the square ones that have the fabric cover that you can buy at home improvement stores? Well, an unexpected snow storm hit and weighed the poor little thing down until it was drooping to the top of my head. I thought the best way to solve the problem was to take a broom and hit the snow off from the bottom, thus saving the day. It seemed brilliant, and I was quite proud of myself. That is, until I poked the broom right through the fabric. I'd give a thousand bucks to be able to see the look on my face...I was truly shocked. Luke was sweet and laughed when I called to tell him. He said he wanted to build something permanent, anyway. So, he did end up building the permanent cover, and it's fabulous.
Long story short, Luke saved the metal frame from the gazebo. It's just been sitting in the basement waiting for him to think of a great way to use it. And he did! Kelly gave us some hops, and we planted some morning glory in our planter box. If all goes well, both will grow up the divider and give us some shade. What a smart boy I married.



2 comments:

Kaysie said...

How Cool!!! Your yard is looking amazing!

Ruth said...

That looks so great, and he is a smart and talented guy, can't wait to see it as well as the fire pit.