After dinner last night, I asked the kids to please take the butter into the house before it melted (we usually eat out on the deck, and yesterday was pretty toasty). I wanted to do a couple things in the garden before I cleared the table and headed inside to do dishes. I finished what I needed to do in the garden and smiled as I walked onto the deck, noticing that Izzy and Dylan had cleared the entire table for me. Then I walked into the kitchen and found that they had rinsed the dishes, as well. I was also surprised to find the leftover pasta salad in a storage container in the fridge. And I didn't even have to ask! Honestly, if I had known how nice it was to have help with something that simple, I would have done it a lot more as a kid.
I bet you wish I could have learned that lesson about twenty years ago, right, mom?
1 comment:
You did great as a kid, don't sell yourself short. It is great to have some help. Love you guys!
Post a Comment