When the weather gets cold, I want to bake. What is it about a chilly autumn day that does that to me? Dylan and I tried a new banana bread recipe, and it turned out so well we thought we'd share.
Black-Bottom Banana Bars
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C baking cocoa
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined. Blend in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
2. Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half and spread it into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen
4 comments:
We have made that exact recipe before! did you get it from TOH? i also make a banana cake in a jelly roll pan with cream cheese frosting that is super good. let me know if you want to try it.
It is TOH! I got the 'ultimate cookie cookbook' for Christmas last year, and we're finally getting around to trying some new recipes. I'd love to try the banana cake.
yummy! i love your recipes...thanks for sharing. i can't wait to try it. and, i loved your "tag" post! i bet you are so excited for the holidays so you can slow down. you are amazing :)
Hey AP, I tagged you... more details on my blog.
Post a Comment