Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

Ahh. Labor Day weekend. Ripe tomatoes, cool nights, school, and basketball. Lots and lots of basketball. I look forward to the leaves changing and apples and pumpkins. I love it all, and Labor Day seems to mark the beginning for me. Luke started off the holiday weekend with a bang. He took Dylan out to the Larry Miller Speedway for a night of hillbillies and racing. I'm not sure which was more entertaining, but at least Dylan got a churro. Isabelle and I stayed home for some much needed girl time. I have missed her this past week. Having her in school all day is a huge adjustment.

On Monday morning, we woke to this:

Crazy! We managed to find some relatively warm clothes, so we headed downtown to the planetarium. It was a lot of fun. Tons to see and learn, and everything is free. Yes, free. Unless you want to catch a 'Laser Floyd' show, but I graduated over a decade ago, so I opted to skip it. There were some really cool interactive exhibits that the kids loved. Isabelle tried out being a weather girl.

The kids visited Mars

and walked on the moon.

And I don't care how old you get, Uranus will always be funny.

To top off the day, Luke had a gift certificate for bowling. We love to bowl--it's tons of fun, plus it's a perfect opportunity to people-watch. Also, it gives everyone a chance to work on their pose. Because really, who needs to keep score when your pose looks like this:


All in all, a great weekend!

2 comments:

johnsonfamily said...

Looks like a fun weekend, we should have hung with you guys. Your new camera is taking great pictures. I still haven't even looked for one.

Amy

Chelsea said...

That looks like a super fun weekend. Im right there with you cuz, Im excited for fall...not winter!
Is that snow at your house??