Friday, April 25, 2008

Hukd On Fonix

So we all remember the pink eye incident, right? Isabelle has been at it again. I called one of the moms in Izzy's class to RSVP for a birthday party. During the conversation, the mom starts thanking me profusely for her son's new found love of reading. "I owe it all to Isabelle--if she wouldn't have told me she did Hooked On Phonics, I never would have considered it!"

Pause. (My mouth is gaping open at this point in the conversation. Good thing I was on the phone.)

Of course Isabelle has never done Hooked On Phonics. It's probably a great product, but the only thing I've ever done is make fun of it. Not buy it. I really didn't know what to say. I think "ya...reading really opens up a whole new world for them..." escaped my lips.

Hooked On Phonics. Really, Isabelle? Seriously?

3 comments:

Ems said...

oh man, she is such a riot!

Lizzy said...

what a crack up!!

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

Hooked on Phonics worked for me! She is hillarious