*Long pause while I stopped the car and turned around to look at her.*
"You did what?"
"I told Mrs. Chase I have pink eye."
"But you don't have pink eye."
"I know."
"Then why would you tell her that?"
"I don't know."
*Another long pause while I turned the car around to go back to school and tell Izzy's teacher that she does not have pink eye.*
I was horrified. Even more so when I talked to her teacher and found out that she had been saying it for three days. Three days! Her teacher kept telling her that Luke and I shouldn't be sending her to school...how embarrassing.
What could top that? Leave it to Izzy to try. I bought the kids silly putty the other day (Remember silly putty? So much fun! I had forgotten that it bounces--and now it even comes in colors). Anyway, this morning Isabelle came into my room to tell me that her silly putty was stuck in her hair.
"Um, mom. My silly putty is stuck in my hair."
"Why did you put silly putty in your hair?"
"Um, well, I was trying to make ear puffs."
"Ear puffs?"
"Um, ear muffs?"
"Oh. Ear muffs. Why would you want ear muffs made out of silly putty?"
"So I couldn't hear anything in the night."
*Pause. I was just waking up and it took a minute to realize that the silly putty had been in her hair all night. Getting good and twisted up.*
"You made ear muffs last night??"
"Um, ya."
3 comments:
That is so funny, I laughed out loud. I think you've got your hands full with that little girl! She's very clever.
Awesome! She is so beyond her years!
Post a Comment