Grandpa had a couple of flags in his pasture; one at each end. He would practice hitting golf balls toward them every day before and after chores. He loved a good game of golf! One of the flags, though it has seen better days, waved proudly in the breeze today during the tournament. We snagged it for a quick picture of the Larsen clan:
Friday, September 14, 2007
The Kel Kemp Memorial
Today was the annual Kel Kemp Memorial golf tournament. Kel is Luke's grandpa, and truly one of my favorite people in the world. The tournament was started in Grandpa Kemp's name the summer after he passed away. It always proves to be a fun (and tender) day. All the proceeds from the tournament go to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for research. I don't know a single person that hasn't been touched in some way by cancer. The disease doesn't discriminate, which became painfully clear to our family when we lost Grandpa Kemp. He was an incredible man, and is missed every day.
Grandpa had a couple of flags in his pasture; one at each end. He would practice hitting golf balls toward them every day before and after chores. He loved a good game of golf! One of the flags, though it has seen better days, waved proudly in the breeze today during the tournament. We snagged it for a quick picture of the Larsen clan:
Being at the tournament and reminiscing about Grandpa's life made me contemplate what my own legacy might be. Am I proud of the way I am living my life? What will people remember most about me when I'm gone? Is there anything I would regret doing? Or better yet, not doing? Anything I wish I would have said? You get the idea. Seriously, though. What would your legacy be?
Grandpa had a couple of flags in his pasture; one at each end. He would practice hitting golf balls toward them every day before and after chores. He loved a good game of golf! One of the flags, though it has seen better days, waved proudly in the breeze today during the tournament. We snagged it for a quick picture of the Larsen clan:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment