Friday, September 7, 2007

Don't Cry...

My friend Brooke's mother-in-law told me to put a match between my teeth whenever I slice onions. Right. And if I pass this tip on to 17 people in my address book in the next 10 seconds, I'll become rich next Tuesday at 9:34am...not. Anyway, I just sliced up a bunch of onions for the pickles I am making. Before I had even finished half of them, I thought I was going to go blind. I was desperate, so I asked Luke to grab a match for me. Long story short, as soon as I put it in my mouth, my eyes stopped watering. Immediate relief. It was crazy! I don't know how or why this works, but it does. So there you go. Your random piece of information for the day.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is so crazy! I have that same problem..so my mom bought me these funny goggles that I wear everytime I cut onions. I will try the match thing next time round!

JT said...

I have heard of lighting a candle, but never holding a match inbetween your teeth. I guess I'll have to try it out!