Sunday, April 15, 2012

On Set

Izzy must do neglected and poor pretty well. After such a believable portrayal of "The Little Match Girl" she was recently cast in another project. She was asked to be poor and homeless on the streets in a music video. I took a quick photo while the director was finishing up a few details...yes, I was that mom. She did an amazing job. I knew as I watched through the camera that it wasn't real, but it hit home. It was powerful stuff to watch her ask people for money. Really, it broke my heart.


When we got home, she got straight into a hot bath and warm, clean clothes. She was wiped out. I was happy to see her on my couch, wrapped in a blanket.
It would be so nice if we as parents could protect our children forever. From everything. But we can't. We have to get them ready to protect themselves, right? Give them the tools and pray they figure it out.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It truly is sad to think there are homeless children in the world. I'm preparing for another tear jerker, can't wait to see the finished project.