As this new year begins, I thought I'd take a minute to list a few things I've been especially grateful for in 2008. Also, a few things I'd like to work on in 2009.
I am grateful for...
My friends. They are the coolest chics around--I really don't know what I'd do without them! I know I can count on them for a good book recommendation, great food, someone to share a cold diet coke with, and late night runs to Red Mango. What more can you ask for, really?
My family. I have been blessed with incredible parents and three awesome sisters. They all married awesome guys, and of course, had awesome kids. I also married a fabulous guy and had a couple of really, really great kids. His side of the family isn't half bad, either. They rule! We've all been through a lot together, and I hope each one of my family members know that they are loved and appreciated by me.
My triathlon. I learned a lot about myself that day.
My neighbors. I have learned so much from all of my sweet neighbors (my favorite being how to make Amish friendship bread--thanks, Fred!). 2008 was bittersweet as we lost some of our favorite Winward Drive residents, but also gained some dear friendships. It's nice to live someplace where people really care about one another, no matter what.
My freedom. Words cannot express my appreciation for the men and women who put their lives on the line to keep me and those I love safe.
I am going to work on...
Being more organized.
Spending more quality time with my kids.
Simplifying my life.
Being healthy.
Learning something new each day.
3 comments:
april you are so awesome! i feel so lucky to have such great friends, that happen to be my awesome neighbors. we love you guys!
ditto Lizzy's comment. You are such a neat person. We have loved living so close to you and it has been fun watching Mark and Luke become great friends
Your kids are so cute! I watched the Jazz bear video and it so dang cute! How fun!
Post a Comment