Today I drove past Grandma and Grandpa Kemp's house, just like I have driven past it hundreds of times. I knew the house was sold, and I knew it was going to be torn down, but driving past and seeing it gone took my breath away. It was so strange. It is good to know that we will have all of our memories as well as Grandma and Grandpa's love forever in our hearts. When Luke and I got married, one of our first wedding gifts was a beautiful thought from his Aunt Katie and Uncle Bruce that is framed and hangs in our house right as you walk in the front door:
Our family is a circle of strength and love. With every birth and union the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every crisis faced together makes the circle stonger.
I think that says it all. How lucky I am to be a part of such a cool family.
5 comments:
I drove by today too and was a little sad and I didin't even know Grandma and Grandpa Kemp!
When I drove by yesterday and saw all of those memories in a pile I lost it. I sat on the side of the road and cried for a half an hour. I am so depressed right now.
Oh that would be so hard. When we sold Grandma Kerr's house before she died it was so hard for me. We went through it and took dibs on all her stuff. I knew it would never be the same. I am so glad to have the memories. I feel you, even if it isn't knocked down.
i always thought that little house was so charming. im sorry...that is so sad.
april- that is such a great picture of the house! i need to get a copy. like i was saying to annie, we came down and went to the mall, on the way to my moms, i had to have wade detour. then was on the verge of tears the whole way home.
Post a Comment