Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winter Fun

Ok, so sledding isn't my favorite winter activity. I'll admit it. But, once we got to the hill, and I saw how much fun the kids were having, it made everything worth it! Plus, we got to hang out with Jake and Emily. Doesn't Jake look cute in a pink scarf?

Luke is a kid at heart, and Izzy and Dylan know it. He is such a great dad, and they all have so much fun together. When I came home from teaching dance yesterday, I walked into the house to hear Rob Zombie (Never Gonna Stop) shaking the walls. Dylan and Izzy were on the kitchen counter, and Luke was sitting on a bar stool. Dylan was busy playing imaginary lead guitar, and Isabelle and Luke were rocking it out on the imaginary drums. Izzy was also lead vocals. I wish you all could have seen them!

Dylan surprised us. He is usually not a fan of the snow, but he had a lot of fun! He wore himself out running up and down the hill. He didn't like riding in the front of the sled, though, because he didn't want snow to hit his face. His favorite thing was to ride standing up behind Luke and Jake. He is growing up so fast, but with all his winter gear on, he looked little again.

After playing in the snow for a bit, we headed back to Jake and Emily's. Jake grilled some chicken, and we had salad, bread, baked potatoes, and pie. Our post-dinner entertainment was watching the Larsen boys play Tiger Woods on the playstation. Jake won, so we'll have to have a re-match next month at our house. Because, if you know Luke, you know he doesn't like to lose! Thanks, Jake and Emily for such a fun afternoon!

3 comments:

JT said...

How fun! Love the pic of Dylan!!!

Lizzy said...

That sounds so fun! Cute pictures too :)

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

Yeah!I am so glad you got finally got a sled. We will have to go-soon