Thursday, January 10, 2008

We're Back!

Izzy, Dylan, and I took off last Saturday to spend some time in Idaho Falls with my sisters. You'd think I have lots of fun pictures to post, right? Well, we got all the way there and I realized I had left the camera battery charging in my kitchen. Bummer. Pictures or no pictures, we had so much fun, and ate entirely too much good food! I had a great time cooking dinner with my niece, Makenna, and also my sister Heather. We stayed up way too late playing so many fun games, and just had a great time hanging out. My brother-in-law, Sam, has been deployed to Iraq, and he left on Saturday, which is why we went to visit. Here is a picture of where he will be (Mosul):

We hear he won't be leaving the hospital he's stationed at due to safety precautions, so he probably won't be taking any photos. That is just fine with me. I'll settle for this one. We are excited to send him some packages so he knows how much we love and miss him, and are looking forward to him coming home safe! I'll post updates whenever we hear from him, and hopefully we'll be in Idaho again soon to throw a huge 'welcome home' party. We love you, Sam!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I hope your sister is doing alright. What a scary thing to send your husband to Iraq. I will be anxious to hear how he is doing!

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

I am glad you got to go spend time with your sister. I am sure she really needed someone there with her.

JT said...

You're the best sister a girl could have!