Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie

My friend Brooke gave me this recipe, and it was really good! The instructions say to top it with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Luke and I weren't buying into the caramel sauce, because it just didn't seem to go together. What was I thinking? I just ate a piece with the caramel (purely for research), and it was awesome! I just love this pumpkin-y time of year!

Boil
1/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
Let cool. Mix with 1 quart (two pints) of softened butter pecan ice cream and pour into a graham cracker pie crust. Freeze for 3 hours before cutting. You can use vanilla ice cream if you'd rather. Enjoy!

1 comment:

JT said...

I'll second that! This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thanks again for sharing with me. :)