On Saturday morning, we got up early and went to 'The Race for the Cure'. It was pretty amazing. Luke and I both tried to take a picture that would show how many people were there, and this is the best we could do. None of the pictures can illustrate how awesome it was to see thousands of people walking together in downtown Salt Lake City, each of us hoping that a cure for breast cancer will be found soon. If you look close, you can see that the street is filled with people for quite a distance. It was humbling to participate in something so incredible.

Luke and Cody found a little time before the race to be goofballs. Is anyone surprised?

Isabelle helped Luke out by doing a little stretching with him. I'm not sure why she needed to stretch, due to the fact that she rode in the stroller the entire time. I suppose it never hurts to be prepared, just in case.

I'm not pictured stretching, because (big surprise) I didn't run the race. I walked. However, I did walk in celebration of my Aunt Vivian, who is a breast cancer survivor.

We were surrounded by family and friends, and everyone had a really great time. Most of us were on Team ReMax, thanks to Aunt Kathy. Aunt Teri walked with 'Val's Pals', in memory of her good friend Valerie Ruff.

All in all, it was a great day. The race is held around the same time each year, so if you didn't have a chance to participate, there's always next time! I'll make sure to post a reminder when it comes around again. If you want to learn more, click
here to visit the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure website.
No comments:
Post a Comment