Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Girls Run

I can't say that I was happy the whole time I was running, but I was really proud of the fact that I finished. I didn't break any speed records, but I enjoyed being a part of the day's events. It was hard, but I surprised myself. Thinking of Luke running 100 miles and Izzy's grueling swim workouts kept me putting one foot in front of the other. I even got a little emotional when the race started--a bunch of women that had a common goal in mind taking off together on a gorgeous morning. Welcome Home by Radical Face was playing on my Ipod..."sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun, and the days blur into one. And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done..."

It was a good day. Crossing the finish line with Izzy and Dylan cheering me on was worth every step. And one of my favorite things was that instead of medals, they give finishers a sterling silver necklace. Cool.



1 comment:

Ruth said...

Love the necklace, but I would have never made it. So way to go. Hope the sore muscles and joints don't hang around to long.