Friday, July 10, 2009

Donut Falls

I can't think of anything better than getting up into the cool mountains on a hot summer day. Luke and I love hiking so much, and Izzy and Dylan love it even more than we do. I didn't think that was possible! We headed up to Donut Falls, which is not a hard hike by any means. It's only 3/4 mile from the trailhead to the falls, but such great fun when you get there.

Awww. We had to take a picture once I got to the top to prove I made it! Izzy made it about half way, but got a little nervous about finding good foot holds, so I ended up taking her down. It was slow and scary, but she was so happy to be off the rocks that she didn't even mind wading through the river to get back to the trail. She's such a trooper!

Dylan made it to the top--on Luke's back! There were people standing across the river, shaking their heads while watching Luke scale the rocks with Dylan's little arms around his neck. I think one mom in particular said it best: "I'd be pissed if that were my kid". I knew Luke had everything under control, but I'm not going to lie. My knees were shaking. Dylan was unphased by the whole thing, and just so excited to say he made it to the top. And yes, I realize his teeth are blue. I thought a slurpee on the way up the canyon would be a good idea. I guess not.

If you haven't been to Donut Falls, you really should go. I know I've said it before, but we are so spoiled here in Utah. I look at Mt. Olympus every morning and just can't believe how lucky we are to live minutes from spectacular canyons, world renowned ski resorts--places people travel from all over the world to see. Spoiled. That's all there is to it.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

we were going to go up there today! needless to say, we whimped out because of how hot it was. I haven't been up there forever. looks like fun!

Ruth said...

Looks like you had a great time. It's great Dylan trusts Luke so much. I'm with Isabelle, I like solid ground. Love you!!!!!!!