Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wasatch Back--Part I

Luke is running in the Wasatch Back relay, and I have to say I'm very proud of him. It's a team of 12 people who run 3-9 mile legs (3 each) from Logan to Park City. Here's a snapshot of Luke on Friday morning:



A little pre-race stretching in the shade:



Getting his number pinned on:



There were over 500 teams of twelve, so starting times were staggered. Here's a look at Luke's group at the starting line (isn't Logan gorgeous?):



Here's Luke finishing his first leg of the race (pre-vomit):



We are headed up to Park City to see the "All American All Trons" cross the finish line. I can't wait to hear all about it. I have a feeling there will be quite a bit of sleeping in the near future--Luke sounded exhausted when I talked to him this morning. Stay tuned for part II!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow. Way to go Cuz. That is awesome!

ashley said...

oh my heck that is awesome.. tell luke we have water if hes up my way! or a car.. which way r they headed??? keep us updated for sure..

k8 said...

yay! i'm glad luke had fun with us!

Lizzy said...

Way to go Luke! That is so awesome!

JT said...

Way to go Luke! With a hurt IT Band and everything...