Cotton Candy, $3
Peanuts, $3
Hot dog, $2.75
Parking, $6
Water, $3 (isn't this still a natural resource?)
Diet Coke, $2.75
Time with my kids at the baseball game...priceless!
We had a great time. Dylan was focused on Bumble, the mascot. He was very concerned with the fact that the giant bee was squirting other kids with silly string and signing autographs for complete strangers. This is not the kind of treatment he gets from the Jazz Bear! Didn't Bumble want to take him for a spin on his four-wheeler? Take him out the the pitcher's mound and leave him there as joke? Why wasn't this guy paying any attention to him? It was very funny to see the genuine concern on Dylan's face. Luke has spoiled him when it comes to feeling like the center of attention with mascots!
I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face when it was time for the fireworks show. Isabelle's eyes were as bright as anything in the sky. She sang the words to every song that blared out of the speakers, and loved every second of it. It made me want to take the time to hold both of my kids close, and try to experience the night through their eyes. To not worry about the long walk back to the car, and how long it was going to take to get out of the parking lot with all that traffic. To just sit there, with Dylan on my lap and Isabelle's hand in mine, and live in the moment. So I belted out a few lines from "Put Me In, Coach" and "Afternoon Delight". Cheesy as it may sound, it was a moment in time that I won't soon forget. I am so lucky to have Isabelle and Dylan around, teaching me to just sit back every once in a while and enjoy life and the ones I love.
4 comments:
Am I missing something?? In your last few posts it sounds like you have a job other than teaching dance (and motherhood of course).
2 of my favorite summer activities are Bee's games and fireworks. I am a bit jealous that I missed out.
Sounds like it's been too long since the Kemp clan got together! I work at a dentist's office that is really close to my house. We should get together for a Bee's game, don't you think?
I'm so glad you posted that, I need to slow down myself and enjoy life with my kids as well.
Amy
So fun!!! We should get a group together and go this summer. I love going to the Bees games!
Post a Comment