Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pistachio Cake

I have not tried this recipe yet, but I thought I'd share it anyway. My sister Hope makes a pumpkin cake with a pudding mix in it, and it is soooo moist. I am hoping the pistachio mix in this recipe will do the same thing. Besides, it might be fun to make something new (and green) to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

Pistachio Cake

INGREDIENTS:
One 18-1/4 ounce yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup club soda
2 boxes (3.4 ounce) instant pistachio pudding, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 pound white pistachio nuts (walnuts or pecans will work), lightly toasted and crushed
1-1/2 cups milk
1 envelope (1-1/2 ounce) envelope of powdered whipping cream

PREPARATION:
Mix in bowl the cake mix, eggs, club soda, 1 box of the pudding, oil, and 1/2 cup of the nuts. Mix well and bake in a greased and floured bundt or tube cake pan for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F. Cake is done when a long toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Completely cool on rack. When cool, place cake on serving plate and completely cover with the below icing.
Icing: Mix 1-1/2 cups milk, with instant whipped topping, and 1 box instant pistachio pudding. Mix on low to combine and then on high for 4 minutes. Fold in nuts and spread on cooled cake.

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

I have had this cake before - so so so yummy. Thanks for the recipe!

AP said...

I am so glad you told me--I haven't been able to decide if I dare try it!

johnsonfamily said...

This sounds so good. I was thinking of making an entire green dinner for St. Patty's, since I hate corned beef and cabbage.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.