Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Top Three

Top three movies to see during the holidays:

"In America"
This is a passionate, simple story about a family who moves from their home in Ireland in hopes of finding a better life in America (they end up in Hell's Kitchen). It's a tear jerker--one that will really make you appreciate how blessed we are. And how precious life is. And that it is possible to run out of tears. If you have already seen it, watch it again.

"One Day in September"
This is hands down the best documentary I've ever seen. It's about the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Germany. It covers the story of the Palestinian terrorists taking the Israeli athletes hostage. Michael Douglas narrates, and there is great music (who doesn't love a little Led Zeppelin?).

"Pieces of April"
You'll have to trust me on this one. I know, I know. Katie Holmes? But I promise--this is way before the whole Tom-Kat nonsense. April is a black sheep who invites her estranged family (most importantly, her dying mother--who is awful) to her apartment for Thanksgiving dinner. You will be glad you watched it. Really.

2 comments:

JT said...

In America is great, but I haven't seen the other two. I see another movie night coming on...

Lizzy said...

LOVE In America. I bought that one right when it was available. Like Jamie, I still need to see the other ones.