Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy 24th!

Happy Pioneer Day, everyone! Hope and Heather, do you remember when we had to--I mean got to dress up like pioneer women and walk around the block at the old church in Hyde Park for the parade? Especially the year Hope didn't want to wear her bonnet...good times. Anyway, pancake breakfasts and homemade root beer aside, the 24th of July is a great excuse for a party. And why wouldn't you want to go to a party when you could see cute faces like these?

Every 24th, Teri and Dale host a great pioneer day party. I think the best part, besides all the great food, is the mini golf course. This year was awesome as always, and Isabelle was a great score keeper for her dad. She and Dylan even got a little putting practice in.

Dylan put himself in charge of raking the sand trap. It may seem like an easy job for some, but when you are only 3 feet tall and weigh just over 20 pounds, the job becomes a little more difficult.

When I went to check on the kids in the playroom later in the evening, Dylan had dressed himself up in some of the American Girl doll gear. I couldn't help posting this photo! If he were a little older, he might be pretty mad that I shared. However, if he were a little older, he probably would know better than to wear a doll's bonnet.

Here are a couple photos of the kids playing in the pond:

And after a fun-filled day, Dylan fell asleep about 30 seconds after we left the driveway. As you can see, even in his sleep he wasn't going to let anything happen to the treasures he gathered up from the pinata.

All in all, a great day spent with an awesome bunch of people!

No comments: