Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sunshine


These aren't spectacular pictures, but I had to post them anyway.  I took them with my phone while we were out and about.  It was just over 60 degrees for the third day in a row, and I couldn't help but take the kids down to The Old Mill.  Dylan grabbed his unicycle and Izzy put on her roller skates.  We made our way along the river path to the amphitheater and the kids got a kick out of hanging out on stage.  We played four square on the concrete in front of the stage and made friends with a cute little sheepdog.  I have to say that sunshine is definitely good for the soul.  It's amazing what a liberal dose of vitamin D can do for a person!  Just feeling the warmth of the sun on my shoulders and cheeks makes me feel content.  This is not typical weather for Bend, we really should be in the high 40's and low 50's.  I am not complaining, though!  Neither are the kids...Izzy was more than happy to put on a pair of shorts in the middle of January :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Have to admit I'm jealous. The weather here is cold and you can cut the air with a knife. It is so hard to breathe. Nothing better than the warmth of the sun.