Tuesday, December 3, 2013

First Snow

Izzy and Dylan get so excited the first time they see snow each year.  The first snow brings with it Christmas, Bucky's birthday, family, and holiday magic.  To celebrate, we drive up to Silver Fork for hot cocoa and french fries.  I am not a fan of snow, but I get excited to see it because I love the twinkle in their eyes while we sit and talk about anything and everything.  The warmth of the fireplace inside and the flakes falling slowly outside make for a perfect setting.  Obviously Silver Fork was a little too far away this year, so I did some research and found a new little place to carry on the tradition.  We went to a cafe downtown called La Magie.  It was darling!  There was Christmas music playing low in the background.  Snow was falling outside.  There were fries, hot cocoa, and...cupcakes!  There was a lot of giggling and good conversation.  I can honestly say it was the first time I felt the magic of the season.  Man, I love those kids. Here's to holiday traditions!




1 comment:

Emily said...

Fun! I love your first snow tradition and I am glad to see it still going.