While we were in Sitka, Fred (my father-in-law) got a message from Dylan's school. Bucky was in the office, bleeding, and needed to be picked up and taken to the hospital for stitches. Did I mention I was in Sitka? I honestly thought Fred was pulling my leg to get a rise out of me, but it turns out he was being serious. After a phone call to the school, a few to my awesome mom who stayed with my kids for eight days, and a couple to the doctor's office for a co-pay and consent to treat, I was left standing in Alaska completely helpless. Thank heaven for my mom. She got him picked up, taken to the doctor, and stitched up like the old pro she is. In all honesty, it was probably better that she handled it. It turns out I'm not so good with blood. Thanks, mom, for saving the day!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Stitches
While we were in Sitka, Fred (my father-in-law) got a message from Dylan's school. Bucky was in the office, bleeding, and needed to be picked up and taken to the hospital for stitches. Did I mention I was in Sitka? I honestly thought Fred was pulling my leg to get a rise out of me, but it turns out he was being serious. After a phone call to the school, a few to my awesome mom who stayed with my kids for eight days, and a couple to the doctor's office for a co-pay and consent to treat, I was left standing in Alaska completely helpless. Thank heaven for my mom. She got him picked up, taken to the doctor, and stitched up like the old pro she is. In all honesty, it was probably better that she handled it. It turns out I'm not so good with blood. Thanks, mom, for saving the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I bet you were going crazy being so far away - I know I would have been! Thank goodness your awesome Momma was there to save the day! Hope his little face is healing well!
I was so proud of Dylan, he was the bravest boy I ever seen. And Izzy was a great help, she sure knows her way around Salt Lake. You would have been so proud of both of them. Love you.
Post a Comment