Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things to come...

Want to pack your bags? Something small
Take what you need and we'll disappear
Without a trace we'll be gone, gone
Moon and the stars will follow the car
And then when we get to the ocean
Gonna take a boat to the end of the world
All the way to the end of the world

Oh and when the kids are old enough, we're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together
We could do anything baby
You and me together yes, yes
You and me together
We could do anything baby
You and me together yes, yes

The other night, under at least a billion stars, Luke and I listened to Dave Matthews sing those lyrics live...amazing. It's funny how different songs hit you in different ways at different times in your life. I had started packing my bags just that day. And just like in the song, Luke and I are headed to the ocean. And we do want to teach our kids to fly. And we can do anything together. It was a perfect song on a perfect night. It's hard to believe it's been ten years since we got married. I wouldn't have wanted to spend the last decade with anyone else, and I am looking forward to taking a boat to the end of the world with him in just a few days. Awww :)

2 comments:

Kaysie said...

Love it!! Have a WONDERFUL time!

Ruth said...

I sure hope you have the trip of a life time. And that you can relax and enjoy the time away!