Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Yard Stuff

Luke said he wouldn't be happy until we had a fence. He's been working on it non-stop, and it is looking great. It will provide some much needed privacy, and now I feel like I can start filling in the flower beds. What a difference it makes!


The garden is doing so well! We have been eating beets, peas, zucchini, squash, chard, basil, thyme, carrots...you get the idea. We even have a few new potatoes. Yummy.


The orchard is doing great, too. We have been spoiled with handfuls of ripe raspberries. Watching Izzy and Dylan picking them, laughing with each other...priceless.


The trees are full of peaches, plums, pears, and a variety of apples. Also, if you look closely, you can see that we actually have grapes this year! It seems all the waiting is worth it, after all!


Man, I love summer.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Your yard and garden looks so cool, I love the fence. I hope it helps to keep out the weeds. I'm jealous of your fruit trees, ours all froze, so no yummy fruit for us. Keep up the hard work Luke. Love to you all.

Lizzy said...

man, i am way impressed. it looks amazing!!

and your last post. loved it :)

Kaysie said...

Soooo coool! You guys have done an amazing job! Hopefully in the near future it will feel like you are walking out your back door into a little get away spot(and no more "major yard work/jobs). :)Miss you guys tons! Give everyone a squeeze from the Erda gang!