Sunday, October 12, 2008

5 days to go...

So it's here--the week before the triathlon. Yikes! I am really looking forward to this challenge, but I have a feeling it's going to kick my butt. OK, it is definately going to kick my butt. It's kind of nice to think that next week at this time, it will all be over. As nervous as I am, I'm really excited for a weekend away from teaching dance, getting away from the cold, and time with my awesome friend Amy and her cute husband Ben and their darling kids. We get to meet up with Liz and Anton for dinner on Friday night, and Blue Bunny is a must Saturday after the girls have napped. I hope we have enough energy to swim, hike, and do a little bit of shopping after the race.

I am wearing Izzy's bike helmet, and Dylan's goggles for good luck. I got a fortune cookie that said:

Achievement is one percent aspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

I'll let you know how true that is next Sunday. I'm sure there may be at least one post with pictures before we take off. Wish me luck! I need it!

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

oh man, I am so nervous!!! we can do it though! you will do great in the swim...don't be nervous. as my sister just told me "we can walk our bikes and walk the run if we need to. all we need to do is cross the finish line". wish us luck!

hezzie said...

Good Luck April!

JT said...

You are going to be awesome! I admire you so much for doing the swim and I believe that although achievement may be 99% perspiration, it's all in your head so if you believe you can do it (which I know you can) you will do it! Sorry I'm bailing, but have a blast and take lots of pics. You are going to be great!!!

Chelsea said...

Good Luck girl!
You are going to do GREAT!!

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

WoW!!! I am so impressed that you are doing the triathalon! Good Luck and most of just go have fun!!

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

April you are going to do great. I am sad that I can't go with you. I guarantee you'll be hooked after this race, so I will for sure go along for the next one. Good Luck

Beckstrom Bunch said...

You will all do great! I am so impressed with the whole lot of you...good luck!!

ashley said...

i am a huge believer in tailismans. (good luck pieces) and with the two you have it seems like you are going to do wonderful!! good luck from us to!

Kami said...

What the H? I had no idea that you were a triathalete. We missed you at Dana's. Good luck and let us know how you do.