Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Monday was the first day of swimming lessons. It is so much fun to sit by the pool and watch the kids. The country club where they take lessons is so pretty, and sitting by the pool is very relaxing. It doesn't hurt to have a bunch of country-clubbers to watch, either. There's not many things I enjoy more than a good people-watching session, and I haven't been dissapointed yet! The only people I watched yesterday, however, were the kids. Dylan was looking pretty slick in my sunglasses: He looks really relaxed in that picture due to the fact that it was not during his lesson. He even looks somewhat at ease in the next picture:

Of course, this was pre-getting in the water. Things slowly started to go downhill after he got wet and had to get out of the pool to jump back in. There was a brief moment that I thought his teeth were going to break because they were chattering so hard:

The following picture illustrates how excited he was to turn over and practice kicking:

He really did do a great job, and today was better than yesterday. I am hoping tomorrow will be even better.
Of course, swimming lessons are old news to the girls. They jumped right in where they left off last year, and didn't want to get out of the pool:

Isn't summer great?





1 comment:

JT said...

2 of the cutest kids in the world!!! I definitely want to come watch them swim. Dylan will starting feel more comfortable soon.